Monday, August 17, 2009

I Digg It

I created a Digg Account.

Digg is interesting as a one place for news etc. I enjoyed viewing the wide variety of news items. It was fun to vote by clicking digg and have input on what stories get posted. It's a democratic way to influence what you view.

The story on cocaine being on 90 percent of the money was eye opening. It makes you wonder how much drugs are now part of our culture.

The one from the BBC about Tweeter tweets being 40 percent "babble" revealed from their short term study how we use the service. Based on 2,000 messages, it showed that 40.5 percent was pointless babble, for example "I'm eating a sandwich". Conversation was 37.5 percent and 8.7 percent having pass-along value. So just like when we are talking to someone else, a significant percentage of what we say is really not very important. I guess we need to ask ourselves who would care? when we are communicating electronically.

I liked the feature to search for the most recent, 7 day etc...... You get the most popular items from different time periods. Also the Search Digg feature is helpful when trying to find specific stuff.

I look forward to experimenting with the more advanced features in searching and the tools. It's been very informative and worthwhile in learning about this new source of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment