Friday, August 7, 2009

New to Facebook

I have set up a Facebook account. I entered just the dasic for the time being. I am hesitant to put a lot of personal info up until I see how I want to use the service.

I could see this could be a way to humanize the library, by showing we are real people, just like our patrons. Also, I can promote services I am currently involved with to spread the word. It's another tool to use to enhance our ability to make the library current and relevant.

Personally I am a pretty private person, so it's going to take a while to get up to speed on these new ways to communicate.

But I'm keeping a positive attitude.

1 comment:

  1. There are ways on facebook to limit information to only those you accept as friends. That can help the privacy issue, an understandable concern.

    ReplyDelete